Why digital screen signages are ideal for efficient communication
Digital Screen Signages essentially convert static communication to digital display communication. Static communication is a one-time use-and-throw type of communication – think of the countless posters of fashion brands showing latest designs, or even the pinned up notice boards in schools or offices, or the paper food menus at restaurants, as well as the flex standees in events or hoardings on public streets.
Every avenue one sees around us, uses some form of communication, think about it.
Why is that? Well, that’s an easy one – simply because communication with stakeholders – be it customers, employees, partners, and so on, will always be integral to conveying and generating awareness.
The problem, however, is with communication that is static, which has many disadvantages:
- It is uneconomical & non-eco-friendly: Paper and flex posters used once need to be thrown away. India’s manufactures flexes close to a massive 15,000 tonnes every month!! That’s 15,000 tonnes of one-time communication with very little avenues for reuse, which is certainly not eco-friendly.
- High end-to-end costs: Printing costs, transport costs, manual labour add to the overall cost of putting up a flex or paper poster.
- Manual and inconvenient: When putting up communication at different places, it becomes hard to coordinate and this adds to inconvenience.
There is, however, a simple alternative to one-time use static communication.
Through simple digital display technologies, such as television screens or digital signages.
Digital screens can be plugged in with a digital signage solution like ours, for better communication which come with various advantages:
- You can reuse screens over a long period: Digital screens and digital signages for communication can be reused as a medium. With digital creatives, one can change displayed communication often. Hence it becomes more resuable as a medium.
- You can have multiple communications at a press of a button: The changes in communication on the output screen can be effected by a press of a button
- They can be centrally controlled: The change in communication across properties can be centrally controlled easily
- Communication gets upto 2X times more visible: Research suggests that digital displays are upto 2X times more visible due to the higher brightness factor and dynamic content like videos and so on
- Add many advanced interactive features: like social media integration, impressions management, which we will cover in articles ahead
As you can see, communicating through digital displays opens a host of possibilities and features, with other advantages like convenience, cost advantage, and so on.
From retail outlets to corporates, from healthcare clinics to public streets, display communication can be used across various avenues, use-cases and channels.
In our next article, we will explore various avenues and channels in which digital signages and our signage technology can be used.